£320 per day
Fittleworth, first founded in 1984 out of a small family garage, is now one of the UK’s leading home dispensing companies. We pride ourselves on providing a personalised, trusted and dedicated first-class home delivery service to our clients catering to all stoma, continence and wound care appliance needs.
At Fittleworth, we rely on a suite of Line of Business Applications in our IT landscape; with a mix of bespoke and vendor supplied applications. We are going through a process of upgrading key systems, it will be the role of the Software Developer to maintain the current systems, troubleshoot bugs, and where necessary develop and deploy fixes and assist the upgrade process.
This is a full time position on a hybrid working basis. Occasional visits to the Littlehampton Head-Office will be required.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software written in VB.NET & C#
- Design and update database change as needed by the application improvements defined
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimisation
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Collaborate with user SMEs to jointly develop designs and publish requirements documents for all changes to applications
- Follow an Agile methodology to collaborate with SMEs in specifying, designing and developing new code
- Ensure database backups are consistent and reliable
Experience / Skills
- Experience working in software development using C#.NET and VB.NET in Visual Studio 2015 – 2019
- Experience developing with MS SQL and working to best practice
- Experience developing integrations for Azure / Microsoft Power Platform / Exchange Online / SSRS & SSIS / X++ / BI SQL Development / Crystal Reports / AX & Dynamics CRM
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject (desired not essential)
- Certified qualifications in any modern coding language (desired not essential)
- Sound working knowledge of TortoiseSVN
- Passion for technology and its application to resolve business problems
- Proactively collaborate with others; with the ability to communicate with end-users/customers across a variety of platforms
- Passionate about delivering results for end-users/customers
As well as priding ourselves on the commitment we provide to our clients, at Fittleworth we also recognise the commitment to our employees in providing an engaging and rewarding working environment. As such, we are Great Place To Work certified and offer:
- a competitive salary with annual review
- private healthcare cover
- life insurance cover
- a highly competitive pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory Bank Holidays)
- access to our bespoke reward and discount platform for major retailers
- access to a wide range of employee wellbeing services
- cycle to work scheme
- access to our award-winning culture of going the extra-mile
Any personal information you share with us will be treated in line with our company Privacy Notice, available via legal notices on our website. Fittleworth provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, religion / belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, national origin, ethnic background, disability, or age.