Are you a Registered Care Manager, or perhaps an experienced Deputy Care Manager ready to progress to the next level - either way My Choice Children's Homes would love to hear from you.
My Choice Children’s Homes recently celebrated 20 years of providing residential care for ‘Looked After Children’ and have established a positive and well run environment that is child orientated and needs led.
We provide positive life enhancing opportunities for looked after children and young people. Due to internal promotion we are now looking for a Residential Care Manager for our home of up to 4 children situated in Watersfield near Horsham, West Sussex.
Summary of your duties:
- You will be responsible for the overall management of the home as a whole, including the staff team, the welfare of the young people in our care, the house budget and the resources and fabric of the home and maintenance of good practices of care as required by the company and Ofsted.
- Ensuring the young people’s needs are recognised and met which involves working therapeutically. This includes ensuring that they are free from discrimination within the home and to challenge discrimination from outside the home.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
What you will receive working here:
- Experience at a senior (either Manager or Deputy) level working in a registered care home or Children's home setting
- Experience of supervising a team
- To be well organised and a good communicator to manage handovers, staff meetings, log books and regular meetings with senior managers
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with parents, social workers, schools and other professionals concerned with the welfare of the young people.
- To be able to ensure that the young people when confronted with stressful situations or crisis are offered appropriate support and to ensure that the staff team is offered support in dealing with these situations, by taking the leading role with a strong vision.
- To be able to manage the home in compliance with the ethos of the company in providing a homely environment that is enjoyable and stimulating for each young person.
- The ability to ensure that the young people’s needs are recognised and met. This includes ensuring that they are free from discrimination within the home and to challenge discrimination from outside the home.
We do not accept calls from agencies for these roles.
- £33,072 to £40,000 per annum - plus pension and benefits
- Good working hours 9 - 5 Monday to Friday (with some out of hours on call duties)
- Opportunities for promotion
- 22 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Ongoing training and access to our Therapeutic Practitioners Award (Accredited)
- Excellent support from the management team
If you wish you can read more about My Choice Children's Homes here