This renowned company within the creative arts sector are seeking an ambitious and dynamic Finance Assistant to join their small finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious accountant to further their finance career
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, you'll have a broad remit across all areas of junior finance as well as the opportunity to progress into various month end and management accounting responsibilities as you develop.
This is a small team, so the ideal candidate will be looking to work within a tight-knit working environment and will have a collaborative attitude to their work. You should have 6-12 months of experience and may have completed some early stage exams (ACCA/CIMA) already. Full study support is on offer.
- Complete daily bank reconciliations
- Setting up of supplier accounts on accounting system and posting all supplier invoices
- Reconciling AP ledger and resolving any issues
- Preparing weekly payment runs and creating BACS files
- Entering all AR transactions, raising supplier invoices
- Management of petty cash and credit card expenses
- Oversee fixed asset register
- Participate in annual audit
- Support monthend close including journal entries, revenue and prepayments
- Assist the FCwith ad-hoc work as required inc. VAT
- A passion for the entertainment/arts industry is key
- Graduate calibre with 6-12 months experience preferable
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Experience of accounting software, preferably Xero, and Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good team player, able to prioritise tasks and complete them with minimum supervision
- Integrity and honesty, foster a culture of trust and respect
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Part-qualified or wanting to further your career by studying for an accountancy qualification – support will be given
For more information, please apply via the website or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.