Finance Director (Charity Sector)
Brighton & Hove
A leading not for profit organisation is seeking a qualified, commercially astute senior finance professional to join them as Finance Director. This is a business that many individuals will be familiar with and one with a rich history in the area. Ideally candidates with have sound knowledge of Charities Act and FRS102.
Reporting directly to the Company Secretary and Chairman, this individual will manage a team of 3 and play a pivotal role within the organisation. Actively contributing towards key senior business decisions, funding, and driving the business forward. This is a professional office environment where professional credibility and gravitas to be able to present at a senior level are key.
Overview of duties:
- Managing 3 staff
- To oversee and control all aspects of the company's financial and accounting operation including banking, invoicing, payments, cash flow, loans, investments and journals, to include oversight of all matters relating to finance
- Production of quarterly cash flow statements and management accounts, and year end forecasts of the same
- Ensure payroll and pensions instructions and records are prepared and reviewed
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory regulations
- Lead audit processes
- Annual budgeting and presentation
- To initiate and implement development of the accounting operational procedures
- To be responsible for the management and supervision of trust funds vested in the Board and to provide guidance and information to company divisions concerning investments and funds
- Responsible for projecting costs and approving grants
- Provision of ad hoc management information as required
- To liaise with the Board, other business heads, investment managers and pension providers as required
- Professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CIMA, ICAEW, ACCA or CIPFA).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of computerised accounts and spreadsheet applications Up to date knowledge of UK Accounting Standards and FRS 102
- Knowledge of the Charities Acts
- Good literacy as well as numeracy skills
- Highly developed organisational skills, able to determine conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal, management and communication skills
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.