City of London
A UK leading financial services group, operating within both the Lloyd's of London and UK company market, is offering a fantastic opportunity for a first-rate finance professional to join their award winning business. Following a period of impressive growth and acquisitions, my client has created a pivotal senior role within their London finance office.
This role has clear scope for fast-track progression and would suit a career focused and highly ambitious professional who's looking to reach the top of their game. This really is a brilliant opening for a dynamic, impressive individual to embark upon a career defining path. My client also offers a highly attractive benefits package to include private medial, 20% bonus, 10-15% non-contributory pension, vibrant social scene, and an inspiring company culture.
The role will report directly into the Head of Finance and include a fluid and broad range of responsibilities varying from financial and management reporting, analysis, and cross-functional support and projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements, including insurance technical accounting and investment accounting aspects
- Completion of various balance sheet analytics and reconciliations, including reconciliations between accounting and investment systems
- Review of compliance with documented risks, controls and KRIs and assessment of ongoing appropriateness of these from a Finance perspective
- Providing accurate analysis of cash-flow, liquidity and expense positions
- Regular management reporting and assisting with budgeting and forecasting processes
- Developing, documenting and maintaining financial systems and procedures to support the production of timely and accurate financial information
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts, VAT and corporation tax plus regulatory filings
- Critically reviewing processes and systems with a view to suggesting and implementing process improvements
- Preparation of quarterly board packs
- Performance of other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Finance or the Finance Director
- You will ideally be a newly qualified Accountant from a Big 4 background, however Top 10 trained and up to 2 years PQE will also be considered
- You will have had exposure to the financial services industry
- You will be highly professional, charismatic, adaptable, and driven by success
- You will have excellent people skills and be able to comfortably present yourself in senior level meetings
Please contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.