A multi-award winning independent business is offering a fantastic opportunity for a confident Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their established finance team based in central Brighton, East Sussex. Overseeing the Purchase Ledger function you will report directly to a highly experienced Finance Director and a Finance Manager.
The office is a short walk from both Brighton and London Road Stations and easily accessible via bus routes from across the city.
- Enthusiastic and motivated currently working in a finance role ideally with a purchase ledger bias
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal with customer queries as and when required
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel
- An interest or knowledge of the tech industry would be seen as advantageous
- With a keen eye for detail, you'll take pride in completing your work to a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and use your initiative to solve problems
- Experience of using cloud based accounting software such as Sage
The business hours are 09:00 - 17:30 so a 37.5 hour working week. If you are looking for flexibility around these hours then we would still welcome your application.
About the role and organisation
- We have worked with this business for over ten years
- Small finance team offering collaboration and support with your work
- Maintaining the purchase ledger including invoice input/checking and dealing with credit notes
- Bank reconciliations and petty cash
- Stock purchasing and monitoring
- BACS runs
- Prepayments/accruals - assisting with and creating journals
- Joining a small, tight knit team within an organically grown business
- Deal with queries both internally and externally in the absence of other team members
- Happy to assist with ad hoc administrative duties within the office when required
The salary advertised has been set by the agency and should be seen as a guide. Salary expectations will be discussed on application.